An excavator can be a serious workhorse on a jobsite, especially when you use excavator attachments to make it a multi-tasking piece of equipment. There are a range of difference excavator attachments that you can obtain that will allow you to do the jobs of several pieces of individualized equipment with just the excavator, saving you money and making your equipment fleet more efficient.
Here is just an example of the range of excavator attachments that you can purchase for use with your existing excavator.
- Augers – Drilling and digging work can be simplified by using auger excavator attachments. There are many types available, depending on the specific materials to be drilled or dug and the purpose of the digging.
- Bucket thumbs – These can allow you to pinch or grab materials, as well as protect the materials being picked up with your excavator’s bucket. They come in both mechanical and hydraulic models.
- Compactors – Compaction tasks can be completed using excavator attachments, with vibrating drum compactors, plate compactors, and wheel compactor attachments that fit most excavator types.
- Grapples – Grapples make it easy to lift and haul materials using an excavator. You can safely pick up supplies, trees, and other large objects using a pinching grapple attachment.
- Hammers – Hydraulic hammer excavator attachments can make quicker work of demolition and other jobs that require a large amount of force, without calling in a secondary piece of equipment to get the job done.
- Rakes – Excavator rakes serve many different purposes, particularly in demolition. Move debris easily to prepare to truck it out and streamline the demolition process.
There is almost no limit to what an excavator can do with the right attachments! It is even possible to have specialty excavator attachments fabricated that allow you to complete customized tasks. Excavator attachments truly allow you to get the most out of your excavator, no matter the job.