Grounds Care Equipment
Grounds care equipment includes various types of machines and tools to mow, spray, cut hedges, haul debris and perform several other maintenance jobs. Grounds care equipment is used to maintain various settings including golf courses, parks, sports grounds, and many more sites.
Types of Equipment
There are several different types of grounds care equipment. The more common machines and tools used include:
- Lawnmowers: Various types of lawnmowers, such as riding and push mowers, are used in grounds maintenance depending on the size and terrain of the area.
- Snow blowers: Snow blowers might be needed in certain parts of the country during the winter season to clear the grounds.
- Compact tractors: Compact tractors are smaller versions of agricultural tractors. In grounds maintenance, they are used to tow other tools, such as a box blade.
- Box blades: A box blade is a three-sided metal box with scraping blades at the bottom. It is usually towed by a tractor. It is used to spread material, such as gravel or soil for leveling.
- Tillage equipment: Tillage equipment may include various hand and power tools used to dig, stir, and overturn the soil. Selecting the Right Type of Grounds Care Equipment
The type of grounds care equipment needed can vary widely depending on the setting it is used, the time of year, region, and terrain. The equipment needed to care for grounds that have many bushes, plants, and trees, may differ from sports grounds or fields.
Certain weather conditions, such as snow, high humidity, and extreme temperatures, may also affect the maintenance requirements. The terrain is also a consideration. Steep hills and low valleys may require certain types of grounds care equipment. In most cases, ground care maintenance requires more than one type of equipment. Several of the tools and machines are usually required.